Surfing Lessons programme
Surfing can be intimidating from the
outside and entry into the sport is not always easy. Surfing has
a mystique of its own surrounded by elements of hidden danger.
At Surf Breaks we make the whole process of
learning to surf easy with our surfing lessons programme.
First of all call us and we'll explain why
you should start at all.
Once you have made the decision we explain
things simply and supply you with the right equipment.
We will take you to the beaches which are best
suited for beginners and supply you with instructors who will
teach you the necessary techniques to become a competent surfer
as quickly and safely as possible.
Our surfing lessons are restricted to six people
to one highly qualified instructor (exams have to be taken in
France to become an instructor).
We will also introduce you to the 'world of
surfing' - the unwritten etiquette and the knowledge surrounding
different surf spots, waves, tides and weather.
A typical surfing lessons programme for a beginner
would be as follows:
Day 1: Standing up on your board on a small white water
- Introduction to your equipment (from choosing your board to
- Security and safety recommendations.
- Explanations on the sand: how to catch a wave, paddle, control
your board...and learn to fall (WIPE OUT!!!)
- Catch your first wave!
Day 2: Take off on a real wave
- Improving on day one. We work on your body posture on the
board; the feet position...aiming to increase your stability
on the wave to generate speed and ride longer on waves.
Day 3: A direction on a wave; outside and inside zone.
- Quick recap of the first days.
- Focusing on the wave.
- Focusing on the spot in general and the waves you are going
- How to paddle efficiently to catch an "unbroken"
- Learning direction on a wave - frontside and backside approach.
- Your first turns.
Day 4: Are you ready to be the next World champion???
- Improving your awareness; choosing a good wave.
- The shortboard approach.
- Surfing etiquette